Shrimp and Mango Taco Salads
Try this delicious and fresh twist on the traditional taco salad using shrimp
and mangoes. It is beautiful and comes to the table very quickly!
- 2/3 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate (from 12-ounce can)
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons olive
or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined (with tails left
on, if desired), thawed and patted dry, if frozen
- 1 package (9 ounces) romaine
and green leaf lettuce blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) Progresso™ black beans, drained,
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut up (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper,
coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
chips, if desired
- In container with tight-fitting cover, shake limeade concentrate, 1 tablespoon
of the taco seasoning mix, the oil and red pepper sauce. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, toss shrimp with remaining taco seasoning mix until evenly coated.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir, scraping
any seasoning from bottom of pan, 3 to 6 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- Divide lettuce among 6 dinner plates.
- op with shrimp, black beans, mango, bell pepper and avocado.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 30 min | Servings 6
Love grilled shrimp? Cook the shrimp in a grill basket on your grill instead
of on the stove for great grilled flavor!
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 390 Calories from
Fat 110 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 1 1/2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 115mg Sodium
930mg Total Carbohydrate 49g Dietary Fiber 11g Sugars 22g Protein 20g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 45% Calcium 10% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 0
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: