Southwestern BLT Taco Salad
The best of both worlds—BLTs and tacos in one sensational salad!
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup southwest ranch sour cream dip
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped precooked bacon
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 plum (Roma) tomatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 bag (10 ounces) ready-to-eat romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup chili cheese-flavored corn chips
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is
- In large bowl, mix sour cream dip and salsa.
- Stir in beef mixture, bacon and olives.
- Gently fold in tomatoes and lettuce.
- Divide salad among 4 individual plates.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 25 min | Servings 4
In place of the southwest ranch sour cream dip, use 1/2 cup of sour cream mixed
with 1 to 2 teaspoons of Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix.
Using precooked bacon slices saves prep time; look for it in the grocery store's
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 520 Calories from
Fat 320 Total Fat 35g Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 1 1/2g Cholesterol 120mg Sodium
1790mg Total Carbohydrate 19g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 6g Protein 32g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 40% Calcium 25% Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker.