Taco Salad with Salsa Cream Cheese Dressing
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (8 ounce) package Challenge Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn chips, broken to into about 3/4 inch pieces
- Dressing: Place cream cheese, water and vinegar in a blender jar and pulse until well blended.
- Add prepared salsa and pulse until desired smoothness. Set aside.
- Salad: Brown ground beef with chili powder, cumin and salt; stir and break up meat as it cooks. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lettuce, onion and beans in a large bowl. Stir in enough dressing to lightly coat lettuce. Divide lettuce mixture into individual bowls.
- Top with browned meat, tomatoes, olives and corn chips. Top with a dollop of the remaining dressing.
- Serve with additional dressing available as desired.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
MORE TACO SALAD RECIPES
Keywords: taco salad, salsa, cream cheese, beans, onion, olives, tomatoes, corn chips, dressing