24-Hour Refrigerator Salad
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (tops only)
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) grated cheese
- In a 9 x 13-inch pan (or a deep glass bowl), layer ingredients as listed
through green onions.
- Mix sugar with mayonnaise - pour over layers. Sprinkle with grated cheese
- Refrigerate overnight.
Posted by Dee Dee60 at Recipe Goldmine 5/20/02 7:50:20 am.
Source: from Camille Murphy (my Mother) submitted by Maggie
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.