24-Hour Refrigerator Salad
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (10
ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped
green onion (tops only)
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) grated cheese
- In a 9 x 13-inch pan (or a deep glass bowl), layer ingredients as listed
through green onions.
- Mix sugar with mayonnaise - pour over layers. Sprinkle with grated cheese
- Refrigerate overnight.
Posted by Dee Dee60 at Recipe Goldmine 5/20/02 7:50:20 am.
Source: from Camille Murphy (my Mother) submitted by Maggie