This refreshing salad is out of the ordinary and makes a good accompaniment to
spicy meals. To select a ripe avocado, purchase a hard one. Allow to ripen unrefrigerated
2-5 days until it yields to some finger pressure all over, but never as much as
a ripe peach.
- 1 medium or 2 small avocados
- Salt and pepper, to taste, about 1 teaspoon each
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes or tomato wedges
- Peel avocados and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a salad bowl, mix salt, pepper, lime juice and mayonnaise.
- Add avocado
and onion; mix slightly.
- Add lettuce and toss lightly.
- Garnish with tomatoes.