Baked Potato Salad 2
This is a wonderful delicious salad. I got it a long time ago and have been making
this since. My whole family just digs into it until it's gone. I use the microwave
to bake the potatoes - it goes quicker.
- 8 potatoes
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter or grease an 8 x 16 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until
tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly
brown. Add onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until onions and mushrooms
- Slice potatoes and place a thin layer in the baking dish. Follow with a
layer of the bacon mixture and repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Pour cream and milk over layers. Sprinkle with grate cheese.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.