Blackberry Spinach Salad with
Goat Cheese Medallions
- 1 large egg
- 1 ounce soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup halved pecans
- 1/4 medium sliced (1/8-inch thick) red onions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 12 ounces blackberries, divided
- 1 1/3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- 9 cups baby spinach
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small, shallow bowl, whisk egg.
- Cut goat cheese into 12 1/2-inch rounds or roll into 12 equal balls and
flatten. Dip each round into egg mixture and then roll in pecans, pressing them into cheese, if necessary.
- Place rounds onto sheet pan and bake 10 minutes, or saute in pan over medium-high
heat, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven or pan and allow to cool slightly.
- In sauté pan over medium heat, cook onion in oil with ground cinnamon and
granular sugar substitute, about 3 minutes.
- Add 6 ounces blackberries and smash each with a fork. Cook for 3-4 minutes
then add balsamic vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook another 2 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool. Dressing can
be used warm or cooled further. Add lemon juice or water if thinner consistency is desired.
- Combine spinach, tomatoes and remaining blackberries. Toss with half of
the dressing then place goat cheese medallions on top.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Atkins.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.