Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces Wisconsin blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sweet potatoes and garlic on an ungreased 15 x 10-inch
baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are just tender, stirring
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish and
cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in blue cheese and onion.
- Fold in potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.