Bodacious Broccoli Salad
I had this salad years ago in an Italian restaurant and have been looking for
the recipe. It's simply delicious!
Make at least 2 hours in advance to allow flavors to meld.
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly
brown. Drain, and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar,
sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 8/24/2001 12:49 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.