Caprese Stuffed Mushroom
Portabella mushroom layered with fresh mozzarella, tomato, and spinach for a fresh new take on the traditional Caprese salad that's light and healthy.
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced, fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Hull the mushroom cap by scraping out the insides and stem to form a bowl.
- Toss the mushroom cap in the other tablespoon of olive oil.
- Lay the spinach leaves into the bottom of the hulled cap.
- Spoon the cherry tomato and mozzarella mix on top of the spinach leaves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the mushroom tenderizes and the mozzarella begins to bubble and melt.
Recipe courtesy of Megan of Yumology. Megan of Yumology is a blogger ambassador and participated in the mushroommakeover 30 day weight loss challenge.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Mushroom Council