Caprese Stuffed Mushroom
Portabella mushroom layered with fresh mozzarella, tomato, and spinach for a
fresh new take on the traditional Caprese salad that's light and healthy.
1 large portabella mushroom cap
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup diced, fresh mozzarella
1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, 1 tablespoon of olive
oil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Hull the mushroom cap by scraping out the insides and stem to form a bowl.
- Toss the mushroom cap in the other tablespoon of olive oil.
- Lay the spinach leaves into the bottom of the hulled cap.
- Spoon the cherry tomato and mozzarella mix on top of the spinach leaves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the mushroom tenderizes and the mozzarella
begins to bubble and melt.
Recipe courtesy of Megan of Yumology. Megan of Yumology is a blogger ambassador
and participated in the mushroommakeover 30 day weight loss challenge.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from MushroomInfo.com.