Cheddar Bacon Topped Salad
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green, red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 bacon slices, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Layer the lettuce, bell pepper, onion, celery and peas in a 9 x 13-inch dish
or a large salad bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Spread over the layers,
sealing to the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bacon over the top.
- Chill, covered
for 8 hours or longer.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.