Chef’s Salad Italiano
Serve as a main dish, garnished with capers or anchovies, if desired.
- 8 cups romaine lettuce in bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound white button mushroom,
sliced thick (about 6 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced smoked turkey, cut into strips (about
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion rings
cup bottled creamy roasted garlic or Caesar salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, place lettuce, mushrooms, turkey, cheese, tomato
and red onion.
- Add dressing; toss well.
Recipe and photo credit:
the Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com.