Chopped Vegetable Salad
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond or safflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced fresh artichoke bottoms
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced green beans
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced radicchio
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, uncooked
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomato
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 to 15 radicchio "cups"
- Mustard Vinaigrette: Combine mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Slowly
whisk in the oils. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside. Whisk
again when ready to serve.
- Salad: In a small skillet, heat the oil. Season the diced
artichokes lightly with salt and pepper, and sauté until al dente, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to large bowl and let cool.
- Blanch the carrots and beans by placing them in a fine mesh basket. Set
the basket into a pot of boiling salted water, and cook until al dente, 2 to
3 minutes. Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain, cool and
add to the artichokes. Add the onion, radicchio, corn and celery.
- When ready to serve, dice the avocado and the tomato and add to the other
vegetables. Toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with the grated
cheese and toss again. Correct the seasoning, to taste.
- Put each radicchio cup on a small cocktail plate. Mound chopped salad into
- Serve immediately.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/24/2001 1:07 pm.
Serves 4 regular portions, or 12-15 appetizer portions.