Creamed Cucumber Slices
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion,
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 rounded tablespoons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Place cucumber slices in bowl, salt generously. Set in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator after 1 hour and drain off the salted water. Squeeze
the cucumber slices to drain additional water. (The salting is optional. It
is done to remove some of the moisture from the cucumber so as to prevent thinning
of the cream dressing. Whether or not to do it depends on the moisture content
of the cucumbers being used. When in doubt, salt.)
- Mix together the cucumbers and onions.
- Combine the vinegar, sour cream,
sugar and pepper, making sure that the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over
the cucumbers and return to refrigerator for several hours.
Will keep in refrigerator for up to 1 week, although the dressing will become
thin as cucumbers lose their moisture.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.