Cucumber Slices with Dill
I make this with cucumbers and sliced tomatoes straight from the farmers market.
Sometimes I add basil instead of dill.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped dill
- Wash cucumbers. Peel or score lengthwise with fork. Slice very thin.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7/4/02 3:45:48 am.
Adapted from Cooking with Herbs and Spices by Craig Claiborne