Farmers Market Mushroom Salad
Combine fresh ingredients to make a tasty dish perfect for hot summer days or
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini,
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 bell peppers of varying colors, diced
cup fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 beefsteak
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Heat two tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes
or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Flip and cook about five minutes
more, until other side is same color; set aside.
- Sauté zucchini for about five minutes, adding additional olive oil to skillet
if necessary. Turn off heat and add corn and rice; stir to combine. Cook for an
additional three to five minutes to warm ingredients.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and lemon juice and gently stir in bell pepper
and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes and arugula on a plate; pour on rice mixture and top with mushrooms.
- May be served warm or cold.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
| Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups prepared
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 150; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol:
Omg; Sodium: 15mg; Protein: 4g; Carbohydrates: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 3g
Recipe used with permission from the Mushroom Council.