Field Greens with Oranges,
Strawberries and Vanilla Vinaigrette
This sensational salad combines field greens with oranges, strawberries and toasted
pecans. Serve with a light vanilla-accented vinaigrette.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 package (6 ounces) field greens or baby spinach leaves
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups strawberry halves or slices
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- For the Vinaigrette, mix all ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until
- Toss greens with oranges, strawberries and pecans in large bowl. (Or divide among
individual serving plates.)
- Serve with Vanilla Vinaigrette.
Makes 6 servings. | Prep Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Information: per serving Calories: 231 Fat: 19 g Carbohydrates:
13 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 208 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 2 g
Reprinted with permission from McCormick.