- 1 large head cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Place cabbage in large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Set aside 1 hour.
- In saucepan, combine vinegar, water and sugar.
- Put celery seed and mustard seed
in cheesecloth or spice bag; add to mixture. Heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute; cool
to room temperature.
- Squeeze moisture from cabbage. Combine cabbage with carrots and green bell pepper.
Pour syrup over cabbage; mix well.
- Pack into reclosable freezer bags or containers
with tight-fitting lids, allowing 1/2-inch head space. Label and freeze for up to
Makes 6 pints.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 1:50:37 pm.