As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- Mix together cabbage and salt; let stand about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water, celery salt and mustard seed.
Boil one minute and cool to lukewarm.
- Squeeze any moisture from cabbage and salt mixture, then mix in carrot and green
pepper. Pour dressing over the mixture. Mix well.
- Place in freezer containers leaving 1/2-inch head space and freeze.
stay crisp and fresh tasting when thawed.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 3:43:55pm 8/18/03.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Salad Recipes