Greek Lentil Salad
This is a salad that will be repeated over and over at family functions. The
lentils add a delicious twist to your everyday Greek salad.
- 2 cups lentils or black beans, cooked 500 mL
- 1 cup
chopped cucumber 250 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (red is great!) 125 mL
- 2 tomatoes,
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower 250 mL
- 1/2 cup
chopped parsley 125 mL
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled 60 mL
- 1/2 cup sliced
black olives 125 mL
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice 30 mL
- 1/2 teaspoon
each salt and pepper 2 mL
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 2 teaspoon dry crumbled oregano 10 mL
- 2 teaspoon dry crumbled parsley
or mint 10 mL
- 2 teaspoon dry crumbled basil 10 mL
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- Combine salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad mixture.
Stir to combine.
Yield: 16 servings
Tastes even better the next day!
Nutritional Analysis: Per Serving Calories 101 Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol
4mg Sodium 291mg Carbohydrates 9g Fibre 2g Protein 4g
Source: CanolaInfo Virtual Test Kitchen
Reprinted with permission from