Hashbrown Potato Salad
Potato salad is a staple side dish for a classic picnic get-together. This summer,
consider trying something new with your traditional recipe.
Hashbrowns are a great way to give your salad new texture and taste without straying
too far from the traditional German-style potato salad recipe.
- 1 (4.2 ounce) carton Hungry Jack Original Hashbrowns
- 3-4 strips diced bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Baby spinach or greens for serving
- Add hot water to hashbrown potatoes per package instructions. Let stand for 12
minutes. Drain well.
- Heat a 9 or 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add bacon and onion;
cook while stirring frequently until bacon is done and fat is rendered, which should
take 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes. Cover pan and cook potatoes on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring
once. Potatoes do not need to brown. Remove pan from heat.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Add mayonnaise
mixture to potatoes, along with bell pepper, celery and parsley, and mix well.
- Serve warm or room temperature on a bed of greens.
Yield: 6 servings
Variation: For a lighter version, use light mayonnaise or substitute 2 tablespoons
olive oil for mayonnaise.
Recipe and photo credit: hungryjackpotatoes.com through Brandpoint
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.