Idaho® Potato Picnic Salad
A healthy salad dressing binds together wonderful summer flavors in this delicious
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, about 7 medium
- 1/2 pound
cooked green beans
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup
cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup minced celery, about 1 stalk
- 1/4 cup pitted black
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salad Dressing: Combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic in a large
salad bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- Salad: Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in the water for about 15 minutes until just fork
tender. Drain the potatoes and cool them immediately under cold
- running water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces; halve
the cherry tomatoes and quarter the eggs.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes and eggs with the cooked corn and celery in the bowl
with the salad dressing.
- Peel the cooled potatoes then cut them into 2-inch pieces and toss them with
- Sprinkle the salad with the olives and chopped parsley just before serving.
Yield: 6 to 7 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Idaho® Potato Commission.