Italian Idaho Potato Salad
This salad is almost a meal in itself with the addition of Italian turkey sausage.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each fresh oregano and chopped basil leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon each of dried oregano and basil)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup olive or walnut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium-sized Idaho Potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fennel
- 1 cup sliced red onion (soaked in cold water)
- 1/4 cup pitted, oil-cured black or green olives
- 3/4 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cooked and sliced thinly
- 6 cups washed arugula or field greens
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Chop potatoes into 1-inch cubes. In a large pot of boiling water, boil potatoes
until tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and broth in a cup; drizzle over potatoes.
- Add fennel, sliced red onion, olives and cooked sausage to the bowl; stir
- Pour dressing over mixture and stir gently to coat all ingredients with
- Serve salad over greens.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition: Amount per serving: Calories 524 Total Fat 34 g Cholesterol 38
mg Sodium 507 mg Total Carbohydrate 44 g Protein 12 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Idaho Potato Commission
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.