Italian Marinated Tomatoes
I substituted my home grown cherry tomatoes and cut them in half and used diced
red onion (if you have fresh Italian herbs, use them to bring out the flavors).
This was one of my most requested items on my catering list. Whichever way you make
it, it's sure to be a big hit.
- 4 medium size ripe sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup good quality red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or canola, vegetable
oil is ok)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
(I use fresh herbs from my garden)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion (I used 3
tablespoons finely chopped red onion which gives it a wonderful taste and compliments
the rest of the ingredients)
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh
ground pepper (it must be freshly ground to bring out the flavors)
- Salt is optional
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 9/3/2001 10:48 am.