Jellied Guacamole Salad
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole cooked shrimp
- 4 cups mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- Soften gelatine in cold water; dissolve in boiling water. Pour a little clear
gelatine in the bottom of a mold, arrange shrimp in it and chill until firm. (Shrimp
may be marinated in French dressing for a few hours beforehand, then drained well.)
- Mash avocado with lemon juice; add seasonings and remaining gelatine and pour
mixture on top of firm shrimp layer.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold on serving dish and garnish with lettuce, tomato and cucumber wedges.
- Serve with mayonnaise.
Serves 10 to 12.
>> SALAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.