Jicama and Orange Salad
This is called Ensalada de Noche Buena (Christmas Eve Salad).
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and cubed
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and cut into
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice from the salad
- 1 tablespoon Mexican lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sour
- Mix jicama, oranges, onions and cilantro and allow to chill for several hours.
- Before serving, remove the salad from the refrigerator and bring it to cool room
- Pour off excess liquid into a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
Stir to combine them well, then toss with the salad.
- Add only a small amount of
salt to the dressing since the salad is primarily sweet.
- Combine the dressing with
the salad at the last minute so that more juice does not drain.