Layered Mexican Cornbread Salads
Blogger Cheri Liefeld of
Adventures in the
Kitchen shares how to make a grab-and-go salad.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- Milk, melted butter and egg called from on cornbread & muffin mix pouch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup canola oil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 (15 ounce) can Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, seed removed, peeled and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can Green Giant® whole kernel corn, drained
- Cornbread Croutons: Heat oven as directed on cornbread mix pouch.
- Make cornbread as directed on pouch, using milk, melted butter and egg.
- Cut one-fourth of cornbread into cubes; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet to bowl.
- Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, in blender, place all Vinaigrette ingredients except salt and pepper. Cover; blend well.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad: In 4 (8-ounce) jars, layer Salad ingredients starting with mixed salad reens.
- Top each salad with 2 tablespoons Vinaigrette. Cover jars with lids; shake. Remove lids; top each with cornbread croutons.
- Cover jars again.
- Serve salads with slices of remaining cornbread.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 20 min | Servings 4
If making the salads ahead and refrigerating for several days, store cornbread
croutons separately so they stay dry and crisp.
If you’re short on time, buy pre-cut onions and mangoes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
>> SALAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.