Marinated Carrot Salad
This makes a BIG bowl – much more than my family would ever eat! So I only
make when I am going to a potluck supper or am having a crowd. Make sure the bowl
is well sealed when transporting as the sauce “dyes” car carpeting well
(yikes!) Gee, how did I know that?
- 5 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) thinly sliced carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
cup granulated sugar
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cook carrots until “crisp tender.”
- While carrots are cooking, combine the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add carrots
to sauce and mix gently so as not to break carrots.
- Allow to sit overnight for flavors
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.