Marinated Vegetable Salad
Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less but requires additional unattended time.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Dijon-style
- Dried red hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound
pearl onions, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute, drained, and peeled
- 1 pound
carrots, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound
broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
(about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup small brine-cured black olives (preferably Nicoise,
available at specialty foods shops)
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, the mustard, the red pepper flakes,
and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add in the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk
the dressing until it is emulsified.
- In a steamer set over the boiling water steam
the onions, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, the broccoli, and steam the
vegetables for 3 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender.
- Transfer the vegetables
to a colander and let them cool.
- In a bowl combine the steamed vegetables, the bell peppers, and the olives.
the mixture with the dressing, and chill the salad, covered, for at least 4 hours
Posted by JudyAZ at recipegoldmine.com.
>> SALAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.