Martha's Vineyard Salad with
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (Chyrel uses canola)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves (dried)
- 1/2 cup PURE MAPLE SYRUP, do not use imitation
- Salt to taste
Martha's Vineyard Salad
- 2 cups washed and dried Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups washed and dried red lettuce
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 6 red onion rings, 1/4-inch slice
- 4 teaspoons coarse chopped toasted walnuts
- Dressing: Whisk dressing ingredients together to blend.
- Martha's Vineyard Salad: Put lettuce in a nonreactive bowl, drizzle with dressing
until lettuce is thinly coated. Divide up between 2 salad plates, top each salad
with onion rings, 1/2 of the blue cheese and 1/2 of the walnuts.
- To toast walnuts, break up coarsely, heat oven to 350 degrees F for about 6 minutes,
just to toast lightly.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/4/2001 7:45 pm.
Source: This is one of Chyrel's recipes and it is really good.