Mason Jar Green Salad with Creamy Green Dressing
Go green with this green Hass Avocado salad recipe that features green tomatoes,
mint, basil and edamame topped with a creamy green salad dressing.
- 7 ounces assorted local greens and leaves (baby romaine, watercress, arugula, lolla rossa, purslane)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 8 mint sprigs
- 8 basil sprigs
- 4 edamame
- 1 Green Zebra tomato, sliced and
- 6 ounces Creamy Green Dressing (recipe follows)
- As needed to
taste, salt and cracked pepper
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado*
- As needed, micro
herbs for garnish
Creamy Green Dressing
- 1 ounce buttermilk
- 8 ounces sour
- 1 ounce mayonnaise
- 5 drops Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 clove garlic, cooked but not caramelized in oil
- Chopped fresh
jalapeño, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, toasted and ground
- Per serving: Toss together 1 3/4 ounces local greens, 1 tablespoon thinly sliced
scallion, 2 mint sprigs, 2 basil sprigs, 12 edamame, 1/4 Green Zebra tomato, 3 tablespoons
Creamy Green Dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a mason jar and top with 1/4 each sliced Fresh Hass Avocado in a fan
shape. Garnish with micro herbs.
- Creamy Green Dressing: In a blender puree all ingredients until homogenous.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups (more than needed for the recipe)
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about
8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe used with permission from
Chef Joshua Linton, Ajasteak, Chicago, IL and photograph courtesy
of the Hass Avocado Board, Inc.