Mediterranean Potato Salad
If making ahead, add enough chicken broth to moisten to desired texture before
- 2 1/2 pounds red thin-skinned potatoes (2 1/4 to 3 inch), scrubbed
- 1/2 cup
thinly sliced green onions, including green tops if desired
- 1 1/2 cups (2 3/4
ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 6 ounces purchased
peeled roasted red peppers (not in oil), drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Salt and pepper
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add potatoes, cover,
and cook over medium heat until potatoes are just tender when pierced, 30 to
40 minutes. Drain, and immerse in cold water.
- When cool, cut into quarters, or eighths if large (about 1 1/2-inch chunks).
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with green onions, feta cheese, and basil.
- In a blender, whirl red peppers, cottage cheese, chicken broth, lemon juice,
and ground pepper until smooth. Mix gently but thoroughly with potato mixture;
season to taste with salt and more pepper.
- Serve, or if making ahead, chill up to 1 day.
Makes: 6 servings
Per serving: 220 cal., 14% (31 cal.) from fat; 8.4 g protein; 3.4 g fat (2
g sat.); 39 g carbo.; 299 mg sodium; 13 mg chol.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 8:33:45 pm.