Melon, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut melon into 1-inch cubes or make melon balls with a melon baller. Place melon
in a large bowl.
- To peel tomatoes, bring a pan of water to a boil. Dip each tomato
into the boiling water, count to 8 and remove. This allows you to slip the skin
off the tomato almost effortlessly.
- Repeat with remaining tomatoes. Quarter the
tomatoes and remove and discard seed and juice. Cut wedges in half again. Add to
- Peel cucumber. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Combine with the melon and tomatoes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process or blend
until combined. Pour over salad and toss gently to distribute dressing evenly.
and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Mixture should be icy cold.
Posted by JudyAZ at recipegoldmine.com.