Melon, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salad: Cut melon into 1-inch cubes or make melon balls with a melon baller. Place melon
in a large bowl.
- To peel tomatoes, bring a pan of water to a boil. Dip each tomato
into the boiling water, count to 8 and remove. This allows you to slip the skin
off the tomato almost effortlessly.
- Repeat with remaining tomatoes. Quarter the
tomatoes and remove and discard seed and juice. Cut wedges in half again. Add to
- Peel cucumber. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Combine with the melon and tomatoes.
- Mint Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process or blend
until combined. Pour over salad and toss gently to distribute dressing evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Mixture should be icy cold.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by JudyAZ at recipegoldmine.com.
>> SALAD RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.