- 1 pint heirloom tomatoes, split in half lengthwise
- 1 handful basil leaves,
torn or sliced into a chiffonade
- 1 can corn, drained or fresh corn
- 1 can white
cannelli beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 dozen baby zucchini
- 1 splash extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon chianti vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Blanch the baby zucchini for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water
- When cool enough to handle, slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise
and then in half again.
- Drain and rinse out the white cannelli beans.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes and basil together in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper
as well as the vinegar and olive oil. Toss gently until mixed well, being careful
not to crush the beans.