Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) Wisconsin fresh mozzarella cheese
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all salad dressing ingredients.
- Slice tomatoes into wedges.
- Drain fresh mozzarella from brine; cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves on individual plates;
drizzle with salad dressing.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin