Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad
Add a twist to your usual picnic side dishes! This mayo-free potato salad is
dressed in a mustard and chive vinaigrette and filled with tender mushrooms.
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and fill with water to cover potatoes by
2 inches. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes depending on
the size of your potato halves.
- While potatoes cook, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until
darkened and tender. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add mushrooms.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil
- Add chives, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
dressing over potatoes and mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 4-6 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min
Recipe and photo credit: The Mushroom Council