Organic Garden Salad with Fresh Herbs
This salad can be as large or small as you like. Simply prepare it with equal
amounts of each type of greens, and make a salad for yourself, or the whole gang!
Freshly ground pepper, especially red or green bell peppercorns, added just before
serving would add additional intrigue. Nature's enchanting salad, what a wonder!
- Organic greens
- Baby greens
- Arugula Spinach
- Mixed greens
- Sunflower sprouts
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Yellow peppers, sliced
- Basil, minced
- Non-fat Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Mix equal parts of each type of greens in a large salad bowl or platter.
On top, distribute the diced tomatoes, sunflower sprouts, sliced mushrooms,
sliced yellow peppers and any other organic produce you would enjoy.
- Next, sprinkle on as many organic fresh herb leaves, minced or whole, as
you want. The greater the variety of herbs, the greater the complexity of the
- Cover the salad bowl or platter with plastic wrap or foil and place it in
- Just before serving, add one tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar to 1/4
cup of non-fat Italian dressing. This will thin the dressing and add the characteristic
flavor of balsamic vinegar. You could also use red balsamic vinegar or a fresh
Makes 1 serving.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/4/02 11:42:01 am.
Recipe created by Dennis G. Malone, a chef affiliated with Dr. Dean Ornish