Pan-Seared Idaho® Potato Salad
Cranberries and red onions lend incredible flavor to this delicious potato salad.
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds red onions, peeled,
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 pounds Idaho Russet Potatoes,
- Salad blend: Boston lettuce leaves, jicama strips, cooked green beans
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in pan. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Stir in cranberries and vinegar. Cover and chill.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake at 400 degrees F for 50 minutes or until
cooked through. Cool thoroughly.
- Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt
and pepper and sauté in nonstick pan over medium-high heat until brown. Hold warm.
- Divide salad blend among plates. Drizzle on dressing.
- Divide potatoes over salad and top with onion relish.
- Garnish with toasted almond slices if desired.
Yield: Serves 4
Reprinted with permission from
the Idaho Potato Commission.