Parmesan Chop Salad
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 each red and yellow peppers, diced
cup (about 12) kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin parmesan
cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 Romaine heart, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, toss together onion, bell peppers, olives, artichoke hearts and
- Marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line baking sheet with silicone baking sheet or greased parchment
paper. Place 8 teaspoons of parmesan in 8 small circles.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes,
or until golden, watching closely.
- Carefully remove parmesan chips to paper plate to cool.
- To assemble salad, add romaine to marinated vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle salad with remaining parmesan, and serve with parmesan.
Reprinted with permission from
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.