Provolone Potato Salad Blitz
- 2 pounds red potatoes, 1 pound peeled, 1 pound withskins,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (5 ounces) Wisconsin Mild Provolone Cheese,
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup medium ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 drops prepared hot sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions,
sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning
- Pour water, potatoes and salt into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce
to a simmer and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from heat, drain. Shock potatoes with cold water, then set in
colander to drain and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine Provolone Cheese, ham, artichoke bottoms, olives, and
cooled potatoes. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, onions,
parsley, and seasoning salt.
- Pour dressing onto potato mixture, mix well.
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with fresh parsley and chill until served.
Recipe and photo credit:
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.