Ruby Red Slaw
- 4 cups finely sliced or shredded red cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 2 cups slivered
or cooked beets
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Several good grinds black pepper
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- Combine cabbage, beets and onion.
- In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seeds, sugar, salt, pepper
and shallot. Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and
toss lightly to blend.
- Chill, then taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
Serves 6 to 8.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.