Sautéed Mushroom Salad
Fresh mushrooms and other veggies with a savory dressing on a bed of spring greens.
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup shallot or onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound white
button or crimini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups spring mix (assorted baby salad greens)
- Divide spring mix among 4 serving plates; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer
of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms
become red-brown on one side.
- Turn the mushrooms and stir in shallot or onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook
for 5 minutes, or until shallot or onions begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a separate bowl. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt
and pepper and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon mushroom mixture on top of greens and scatter fresh chives on top.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 portions
Nutrition Facts per serving: Iron 100 cal Calcium 0 g Vitamin C 0 % of D.V.
Vitamin A 0 g Protein 0 g Sugars 3 % of D.V. Dietary Fiber 0.5 g Dietary Fiber 6
% of D.V. Total Carbohydrates 4 g Total Carbohydrates 35 cal Sodium 100 cal Sodium
0 g Cholesterol 0 % of D.V. Cholesterol 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Saturated Fat 3 % of D.V.
Saturated Fat 0.5 g Total Fat 6 % of D.V. Total Fat 4 g Calories from Fat 35 cal
Calories 100 cal
Reprinted with permission from the Mushroom Council.