Seven-Layer Salad with
Feta Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package uncooked cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 cups cubed fontina cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diagonally-sliced green onions
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In an electric blender or a food processor, blend the yogurt, buttermilk, mayonnaise,
feta cheese, sugar, dill, basil, and pepper until smooth. Chill.
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain; rinse with cold
- In a 2 1/2-quart bowl, layer the cabbage, spinach, tortellini, fontina cheese,
tomatoes, and green onions.
- Pour the dressing over the salad; sprinkle with the bacon.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours or until serving time.
Reprinted with permission from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.