Silly Carrot Salad
I took this to a ladies luncheon meeting and everyone was amazed!
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (yes! tomato soup!)
- 1 white onion,
cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut into
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup sugar (or
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup veggie oil
- Parboil 6 cups carrot coins, 5-7 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a 2-quart serving dish mix together the remaining ingredients
- Add the carrot coins to the soup mixture, toss lightly to coat.
- Cover tightly
with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight, tossing
once or twice; drain if necessary.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Bobi, Rdg, Mexico.