Southern Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- In a medium saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water just until
tender, about 5 to 8 minutes (do not overcook).
- Drain; toss with the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, honey, orange peel, ginger,
salt and nutmeg.
- Add the warm potatoes, celery and dates. Toss to coat well.
- Before serving, gently stir in the pecans. Spoon salad onto a lettuce-lined platter.
Arrange oranges around salad.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.