Spicy Southwest Bean & Corn Salad
Light ranch plus hot pepper sauce adds a Tex-Mex flavor kick to a smart bean
and corn salad with Cheddar sprinkled on top.
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Lite Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package
(10 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix dressing and hot pepper sauce.
- Toss greens with beans and vegetables in large bowl.
- Add dressing mixture; toss to coat. Top with cheese.
- Try Wrapped Salad: A quick way to enjoy your favorite salad on-the-go is to wrap
it in a flour tortilla. Simply spoon salad onto tortilla and roll up!
- Wrap in plastic
wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This is also a great way to use leftover
prep: 15 min | total:15 min
servings total: 4 servings, 2 1/2 cups each
Variation: Prepare as directed, using 1/2 cup KRAFT Fat Free Thousand Island
Dressing and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper instead of the ranch dressing and
hot pepper sauce. Also, omit the shredded cheese and increase the red onions to
Reprinted with permission from