Toasted Goat Cheese Salad with Raspberries
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried
Italian herb blend
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
(12 ounce) log goat cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 ounces butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb blend
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 to 16 ounces fresh organic baby greens, rinsed and
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried
- To make the goat cheese: Mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, pepper and salt in
a shallow dish.
- Using unflavored dental floss held taut between your index fingers,
slice the goat cheese into eight, approximately one-inch-thick slices.
- In a small, shallow bowl, slightly beat the eggs. Dip the slices into the egg
and then the breadcrumbs. Allow to rest on a sheet of wax paper.
- Heat the butter in a large, nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat and add
the garlic. Arrange goat cheese patties in the pan and fry for about 5 minutes or
until lightly browned. Carefully turn the patties and brown the other side; remove
pan from heat.
- To make the dressing: Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Whisk in the
oil, adding it in a slow stream to the dressing ingredients; continue to whisk until
- Toss the greens with the dressing and divide among eight salad plates.
- Top with
a slice of the goat cheese and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/9/2001 9:27 am.