Tomato Bread Salad
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste
with a pinch salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups 3/4-inch cubes crusty
- 1/2 pound vine-ripened red tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 pound
vine-ripened yellow tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup Nigoise or Kalamata
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, washed well, spun dry, and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves, chopped fine
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, garlic paste, and pepper to taste and whisk
in oil until emulsified.
- Add remaining ingredients and salt to taste and toss to
- Let salad stand at room temperature 15 minutes to allow bread to soak
up some dressing.
Yield: 2 servings
Posted by Chefbuzzbuzz at Recipe Goldmine 8/28/2001 7:27 am.