Uncle Bill's Petite Pea Salad
This salad is very good as a side dish with your meal.
- 2 cups frozen petite green peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Kraft
Miracle Whip, preferred)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Beau
Monde Seasoning (optional)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons
finely chopped celery
- 3 slices bacon, fried
- In a microwave proof dish, add frozen peas, cover and microwave on HIGH (full
power) for 4 minutes, stirring once at half time. Remove from microwave and drain.
Add ice cubes and let stand to cool.
- Drain peas and add to a large mixing bowl. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, dried
dill weed, Beau Monde seasoning, onions and celery; mix well to blend. Chill in
refrigerator for 1/2 hour before serving.
- In a small frying pan, fry bacon until well done and crisp, (DO NO BURN). Place
fried bacon on paper toweling to drain and cool. Crumble bacon and garnish salad
Serves 8 to 10.
Posted by Bill Anatooskin at Recipe Goldmine 9/29/2001 6:47 am.
Source: From Uncle Bill's Kitchen
"Uncle Bill" Anatooskin