Vinegar Boiled Slaw
I have loved this recipe of my Mom's for 25 plus years.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (I love it so I add more)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- Beat eggs lightly with sugar. Add mustard, salt and pepper. Mix lightly. Add
vinegar and butter. Cook in a small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly.
When it becomes a soft custard, remove from heat. Cool.
- Add milk and chopped green bell pepper.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Thinly slice green
- Pour dressing over and chill until ready to serve.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Jeannie.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.