Vinegar Boiled Slaw
I have loved this recipe of my Mom's for 25 plus years.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (I love it so I add more)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- Beat eggs lightly with sugar. Add mustard, salt and pepper. Mix lightly. Add
vinegar and butter. Cook in a small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly.
When it becomes a soft custard, remove from heat. Cool.
- Add milk and chopped green bell pepper.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Thinly slice green
- Pour dressing over and chill until ready to serve.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Jeannie.